It includes sitting, standing and lying-down positioning.
The mission of SESOBEL’s Seating Positioning Clinic is to ensure that the person with a physical disability maintains symmetrical, stable, functional, comfortable, secure and graceful position.
Applying positioning techniques, the Technical-Aid unit seeks to:
- Correct inappropriate bone setting and prevent orthopedic deformations
- Prevent skin problems (redness, pressure ulcers, etc.)
- Facilitate upper-limb movement
- Improve alertness and communication for better social inclusion
The Seating Positioning Clinic conducts:
Assessment, which is based upon:
- Meeting families of the person with disability to collect information related to their living conditions
- Conducting clinical examination to identify and analyze problems related to the postural inability of the person with disability
- Planning and designing positioning means that will fulfill specific needs of the person with disability
Execution includes measurements, manufacturing technical aids (assistive products), fitting and adjustments.
Delivery consists of providing technical aids to the persons with disability and teaching them the use, care and storage processes.
Follow-up includes inspection, care and repair of technical aids.
The standing positioning is one stage of the normal psychomotor development of the person with disability.
It is a crucial stage between ground movements and walking. This step is essential and should therefore be recommended to non-walking children.
Applying the standing position, the Technical-Aid unit aims to:
- Boost bone growth and prevent osteoporosis
- Prevent orthopedic problems and maintain good postoperative result
- Improve organ functions (cardiac, respiratory, digestive, etc.)
That’s why SESOBEL’s means include standard or tailor-made sit-to-stand lifts (supine or prone decubitus).
C-The lying-down positioning
The lying-down positioning aims at:
-Preventing orthopedic problems
-Maintaining good postoperative results
That’s why SESOBEL’s means include tailor-made sleeping postures.