Sesobel - Our Programs - ain el-rihani's vrp
Technical Aid Workshop
Three-Heart Lodge Workshop
Land Product Workshop
14 workshops are divided into "productive" and "functional" ones:
- The "productive" workshops come up with recipes for SESOBEL:
Lodge, boutique, chocolate, sewing, pre-press
- The "functional" workshops contribute to maintaining SESOBEL's community:
Laundry, cuisine, store, horticulture, photocopying, educational assistance, technical assistance, pedagogic secretariat, recycling
A Typical Day:
In addition to providing work at "protected" workshops, SESOBEL continues to take full care of the youth: medical and educational monitoring, socio-educational activities, as well as spiritual and existential companionship.
Every young person undergoes a specific program that fits into the entire schedule. Note that the young can join a group of workshops, where he/she works according to previously planned shifts.
1) Daily Schedule:
* 8:00-8:30 a.m.: Reception, gathering and morning prayers
* 8:45-10:00 a.m.: fulfilling workshop tasks
* 10:00-10:30 a.m.: break
* 10:30-12:00: fulfilling workshop tasks
* 12:00-1:00 p.m.: lunch and a break
* 1:00-2:00 p.m.: fulfilling workshop tasks
* 2:00 p.m.: dismissal
2) Socio-educational Activities:
a- Expression Activities:
- For all: Singing and field trips (restaurants, folkloric parties …)
- For some: music, choir and photography
b – Educational Activities:
- For all: General cultural studies
- For some: Didactics: Enhancing language acquisition (French, English and Arabic) courses), as well as computer science.
To keep their acquisitions in bloom, the youth are trained in different fields that they demand. That's why we also receive applications from outsiders.
3) Spiritual and Existential Guidance:
Catechization, choir and existential training.
4) Medical and rehabilitation monitoring:
Because their health does matter, the young need their doctors' and therapists' continuous monitoring.