Sesobel - Autism center - Beneficiaries
THE AUTISM PROJECT|
ARCHITECTURE & CONSTRUCTION|
DONATE / SPONSORSHIPS / OUR PARTNERS|
The direct beneficiaries of the project are:
• 50 underage children (0 to 6 years old) with physical and/or mental disability, or with Pervasive Developmental Disorders (autism)
• 40 children and youths with autism between the ages of 6 to 20 years old
• 30 young adults with severe autism will be welcomed in a daytime center for socialization and accompaniment
• 15 youths with autism, 14 years and older, will be cared for on a rotation basis in a pioneer living space with private bedrooms and bathrooms
Other beneficiaries are:
• 220 families (parents and siblings) will be received for family guidance purposes, for social group interventions and for relaxation sessions. The siblings will receive: information about the disability of their brother and/or sister, support in case of difficulties caused by the presence of a brother or a sister with disability, personal attention that will help them develop and grow and a preparation with their parents for the future of their brother or sister.
• 57 teachers, 22 therapists and 2 social workers will also benefit from a better-adapted working environment to cater more efficiently to the needs of our children.
The center will also be a great place for families where they can meet with the social workers and team of therapists and receive family guidance on the future of their child.
- Outpatient children and youth with disability, and/or with autism, will benefit from around 1665 therapy sessions which will generate income as a self-financing source.
- Furthermore, by transferring the children with autism to this new center, we can provide extra space in the existing buildings for the 3 actual workshops (Chocolate, Biscuits, Decoration) needed for our children and youth with mental disabilities and autism.